13.2.11

Driver's Seat

At church today, our Pastor asked an interesting question...who is in your driver's seat. It got me thinking....who is in control of my life. I give God credit (of course) but do I really let him "drive" my life. Growing up in a Christian home and attending Christian college solidified in me the deep need I have for my Savior. However, my day to day life might not be so solid in Him.
I look at my marriage and think how amazingly blessed I have been with such a wonderful husband. His desire is to provide and lead our family in the best way he can. He is funny (in his own way!), supportive, sacrificing.
I look at my daughter and I am so amazed. Not only is she the most beautiful child ever created (am I biased???!), but I am constantly in awe of God giving her to me. What have I ever done to deserve such a gift? Multiple times a day I do things that are so against what God desires for me.
So the question about who is in my driver's seat really hits me. If He will give me these AMAZING gifts when I am driving...what is He waiting to give me when I let him drive. I think I am going to put him in the driver's seat for a while and find out!
Who is in your driver's seat?
Claire's Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment