Well, here we are again with day four of our winter weather! We finally got out yesterday to visit some friends and mom and dad. Claire is not a fan of this weather, I think she prefers our indoor pajama days.
I am loving being home with her, but two things are heavy on my heart. One I will have to be gone from her next week and I am not sure how I will handle it. Two, she will be away from me and I know she will not handle it well. I think it is safe to say we are in to the separation anxiety stage of her development. She cries when I drop her off at church and even when I leave the room here at the house. It is not so bad because I know she stops once I am gone and she is playing or once I return to the room at home, but still my heart is heavy.
I always assumed I would be able to be a stay at home mom. That is what our moms had done as well as our grandmothers. It just seemed like a done deal. However, life has different plans for you sometimes. I love being a teacher and watching my students learn and discover and grow, but I wonder is my love of others kids growing hurting my own daughter?
I feel like I give her my all when I am with her, but what do I really have to give? I pour out so much of me at school that the drive home has to recharge me to be all I can be for her. Do any other working moms struggle with this? I am sure you do.
These are (a few) of the thoughts floating through my head on our fourth snow day!
Hope you are staying warm where ever you may be!
Claire's Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment